Wishlist Boneworks on Steam today!
Check out D’s channel for more gaming and VR!

CONSIDER SUBSCRIBING ►
Watch Corridor Crew ►

This Video ►
The Boneworks release is just around the corner so Brandon decided it’s time to show D some new levels and enemy types!

Instagram:
Sub-Reddit:

SUPPORT US ►
Patreon Donation:
Buy Merch:

THE GEAR WE USE ►
Puget Systems Computers:

For business inquiries ► node@corridordigital.com

Xem thêm các bài viết về Giải Trí: https://mirchigossips.in/category/giai-tri/

50 thoughts on “Boneworks – VR Physics & Combat Realized”

• ArkOfficial2018 says:

Been looking forward to this project for a while now but I am worried about its compatibility with Rift S controllers now and if it's playable in a smaller space like 3×3 meters.

• Bro Rosenberg says:

I would love to get this game, but problem 1 is I don't have a VR set. Problem 2 is if I do get a VR set I don't have the space to play VR. If this is a problem anyone else is having I have a solution. Step one buy the game. step 2 wait until you are able to afford one or play it at a friend's house while you save

• Have they said how movement/walking are done on this game? I haven't found a method I'm happy with yet. Teleporting breaks the immersion, and walking usually makes me motion sick lol

• I absolutely love my PSVR, but PCVR has moved onto the next level now. I need this! I'm gonna wait and see what PS5 and PSVR 2 is like first, but I'm definitely getting a Valve Index at some point.

• Depressingly Daniel says:

5:02
    Brandon: Talks about his commitment to pushing the boundaries of vr
    D: Tries desperately to sandwich a Nullbody into locker

• 80TheMadLord08 says:

What I find crazy about this (other than how absolutely incredible the game looks! haha) Is that THIS! THIS is what the old Jurassic Park game called 'Trespasser' could have been! That game has almost all of the same physics as Boneworks (minus two handed weapons) But it was done with a mouse, which is where it failed badly and is one of the many reasons why it was received so poorly.

Seeing Boneworks and how incredible it is and how well it works, has made me realize that Trespasser was a game that should have been made today! not 20 something years ago, It should have been made in VR.

Thank goodness Boneworks is here though! It is such a satisfying game, and I can't wait to play it.

(But Honestly people! Go look up videos of Trespassers physics in walkthroughs etc and tell me that's not Boneworks haha)

• Carter Wiesner says:

"We want you to look at something and be like, that looks heavy and it be heavy." *proceeds to yeet entire cinder blocks with ease in the next scene

• Christopher Franks says:

I am glad democrats didnt make this game everything would be wrong full bullets would be coming out the gun looks like a good game will buy cant wait

• Too bad you still can't fully replicate the real-life physics of firing a firearm. Simulating the physics in a way that can translate to handling a real firearm is, at the moment, impossible. I personally own a Ruger Mini-14 which is the spiritual descendant of the historically legendary M1 Garand (it's why it looks like the M1). Simple, rugged, easy to field strip and maintain, and expensive, it handles very differently when you switch up from .223cal Remington cartridges to the 5.56mm NATO cartridges (they look the same but have subtle differences). The 5.56 NATOs have a noticeably larger kick when fired due to the grain size used. There is also the bullet tips to consider. Full Metal Jackets (FMJs) behave differently in terms of range, accuracy and material penetration compared to Jacket Hollow Points (JHPs) and some JHPs have special plastic-like tips that can allow the JHP to affect their aerodynamics while making it easier to blossom out the bullet as they impact a surface thus mitigating the chance of overpenetration. All of this has to be considered when handling real life firearms before environmental factors have to be considered which I don't think many first-person shooters are addressing beyond Escape from Tarkov and the Arma series.

The sling becomes necessary to keep the rifle under control. Without it, you'll probably struggle to keep it from jumping out of your hand used to steady it while firing in rapid succession. The Mini-14 in particular doesn't offer much in the way of fitting options like the AR-15 so you can't install a handle under the barrel. Wrapping the sling around your steadying arm while using your steadying hand will allow you to keep the recoil under control. But that also means your body will then feel the full force of the recoil which means how you position your body will affect the recoil. This is something I see little attention being given to when modeling VR firearms.

Handguns recoil differently in ways that most people don't talk about. If you fire with just one hand, your gun is not just going to recoil upwards harder it's also going to rotate in the direction opposite of the hand that holds it. So you have to use both hands to keep that twist under control. The way how you lock your arms is also important. Again, handguns also use FMJs and JHPs which brings me to points brought up previously.

Anticipating shots is also another problem. I still struggle with this as I practice with my Glock every week at the range. The VR experience won't help with addressing this. You actually have to go to the range to train away such a bad habit because this involves muscle memory and having to literally subject your body to the forces of the recoil.

To help address some of these factors for a VR experience, someone will have to develop a VR-dedicated accessory that helps simulate the forces that the user is subjected to but I can only imagine how expensive that can get especially when it has to be built tough. Not to mention having to simulate jamming.

In case anyone is curious, the Mini-14, though very different in appearance from the ArmaLite Rifle AR-15, it is functionally similar to the AR-15. Before the AR-15 became popular the Mini-14 was the most popular. What makes it unique is the forging process used to manufacture the receiver which is a process that has long been perfected by Sturm, Ruger & Co.

I'm not a gun expert. I just happen to have first-hand experience handling handguns and rifles at the range. It's not extensive experience but it's enough to help me understand certain factors that regular users experience on a regular basis when practicing at the range.